Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 7:13 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 2687
Location: I'm right here :D
I tried to run it by Chris but have not heard back, with the new building and vacation and then what seemed like a backlog of people trying to connect with him, I figured it was better to wait a bit. Lost has seen the idea I had and had suggestions but I would like to get Chris' thoughts too before deciding how to proceed. Maybe I should try and connect again soon?

_________________
Here to learn more so I can recycle more
My grades are my own opinion and not an official grade from Boardsort


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 11:25 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 10594
Location: Low DOS
I set up a Patreon that is live and empt and will be populated in the next week or so.

I also changed mind on how to deal with stuff.y

I’m starting with being clear on my love for online sales and why >90% of my buys never get scrapped. The realities of ebay is god for 99% of the population except when it failed. And yes, as our over zealous user pointed out some people just get fd.

My second post will(likely) be about refining, the good the bad the ugly and the you’re not smart enough to.

I’ll post my packing material video shortly after


I’m working with my wife, my bff and my gf her daughter, and my sis to figure out how to make a prepaid version of my what’s inside by user pay I buy.
M biggest issue here is as I said: we recycle 99.9999999 percent of our waste.
I pay to recycle some classes.

So I want to make sure I put rails in place. My selling membership classes will come with a zero cancellation concern. Pay the month fee, tell me what you want (reasonably). I’ll find it I’ll break it down on video. I’ll explain every part, every aspect, and then personally decide if I fix it, sell it, or scrap it.



I won’t fight or argue Pa one month happy. Pay a year super happy. But I know many of call have that one wth item and I’m happy to pick it up.. if I pay for it.


But I won’t for any price dispose of anything that can be recovered.

_________________
42 6F 61 72 64 73 6F 72 74 2E 63 6F 6D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 11:30 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 10594
Location: Low DOS
marked141 wrote:
I tried to run it by Chris but have not heard back,



I doubt their interested from what little I’ve heard from inside
I’m gonna build out a community myself Independently for all of us to just shoot the wind, anything goes (with one *no*)

Computing and electronics,
Games be they video or TCG or tabletop
Science
Math
Space travel



Only two things off limits
I’ll make a single post on refining and all refining discussions must be replied to that post. Any other delete instantly.
Politics. I’m so hard to classify… I’m not going there.
Zero politics.

_________________
42 6F 61 72 64 73 6F 72 74 2E 63 6F 6D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 11:23 am 

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 2687
Location: I'm right here :D
lostinlodos wrote:
...I’m gonna build out a community myself Independently for all of us to just shoot the wind, anything goes (with one *no*)...


Is patreon where you'll host that? I've never used it.

_________________
Here to learn more so I can recycle more
My grades are my own opinion and not an official grade from Boardsort


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 1:45 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 10594
Location: Low DOS
patreon.com/lostinlodos

It’s the simplest platform for creators I’ve played with. I’m from the BBS generation. Type, click post.

I plan (hope) to do a video a month. A few long-form discussions a week. Etc. Some of it will be like the longer discussions here. The truth behind recycling this or that, why one board is worth so much when it looks so worthless. Much on retro tech—buying, using, fixing, and ultimately smart scrapping.
Everything I said previously above.

_________________
42 6F 61 72 64 73 6F 72 74 2E 63 6F 6D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 10594
Location: Low DOS
First post is live

A Welcome

https://www.patreon.com/lostinlodos/pos ... =join_link

_________________
42 6F 61 72 64 73 6F 72 74 2E 63 6F 6D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2026 11:32 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 8:46 pm
Posts: 2
Quote:
First post is live

A Welcome

... =join_link


Nice to see it actually rolling now. The retro tech and smart-scrapping bits are the stuff I'd be checking in for.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:48 am 

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 8:46 pm
Posts: 2
ropeman wrote:
I’m not against it. If done correctly and limited in scope (say just discord) it can be a great asset.

But having seen CLZ (widely considered the best collectible’s software suite in the world) lost the entirety of their social group in the move, and social media became support and help only.

And there’s the tale of DigiWiki (DW). They under various names went from a multi/host usenet to a bbs to a website wiki to a phpbb (like this) … and now no longer exists after closing the bb and going social.

So yes: I’m all for it and if Chris is behind it I’ll even help. But discussion has to be made on how and what platform.

As a side note I was actually considering doing a patron thing for restarting my what’s inside it. With my mother’s passing and the house almost rebuilt from the fire… I’m going to have some free time this summer. Let the users donate to a list of potential buys. I then take them apart, put them together. Refurb them. All on much higher quality videos with audio and commentary. That community-driven approach reminds me of a Nine Casino https://casinonine.one/ where the selection of games and slots is more interesting when people actually have some say in what gets featured next.

I think keeping Discord as a supplement rather than a replacement is the key. Forums are much better for preserving long-form discussions, guides, and project history, while Discord works well for quick chat and coordination.

The teardown/refurb idea also sounds genuinely useful, especially if the videos are higher quality and include commentary on what you find, what fails, and what can be repaired. Letting members help choose future items would give the series a nice community-driven angle without turning the whole forum into social-media noise.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 4:36 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 10594
Location: Low DOS
I don’t like to clogging the site here with retrospective blahY

The Plextor exchange is exactly ehat should be on my site and not here we took up, and over, 2 pages




I’m 45 going on 6 ina few weeks
I was the tail end of the sv era and got lucky by timing and skill.

I like to talk and like to type. And hit the right topic I’ll give you book.


My goal was twofold
Not be limited on my background music like yt do I can actually tell (se my yt breakdowns including the one that sent me to the hospital)
And I like to type. Talk. Discuss.


I’m not a tech god though some here have said so. I’ll accept begrudgingly the term Demi, I am and know I am, that damn good, but not *that* good


My childhood bio blast is set for a future post my site but: I was born 80. I’m Gen X and d anyone’s say I’m not old enough. . I have a legit gift for math and had a now failing gift for memory in numbers that the cancer is trying to take from me , with limited success.

I have masters and doctoral degrees in philosophical math (means not real ), one Dr computational science and 6 in it and OIT.

I like to learn, like to tinker, like to f things well beyond what the were intended for.

I ported doom to SRO microwaves . (Actually I think I’m the 5th or 4th largest doom 1.x porter)
A major company paid me for my beam forming tech that just want commercial


And honestly I don’t care.
That’s the whole thing long time users her figured out. Money, Ftw. Don’t care. I have and don’t want and don’t care.

Which is why I spent almost an hour dissecting a Gen 1 led lightbulb,
Why I scrapped a $4k game cartridge
Or the laptop that was my second trip to the hospital.
Why I blew myself up playing with a LiO4 battery that blew me off my feet on life stream

I have what many say is a mental issue, I’m not afraid of death (go love me! )
My hyperactive, metabolism means I don’t feel pain. Like truely literally I don’t know if I don’t see that I’m in trouble. Again army loved that. “Dude you’re shot” uh, oh. Got a tampon?

All said, again, we recycle 99.9% my sis and I and pay a few grand for what curb side won’t take and process

My fam ph on A country where recycling is more of an afterthought than actual dedication has achieved about 50% across the entire family on three islands.

If I can fix it, I will, and I’m damn good at doing that
If I can’t, I’ll try to find a buyer who’s better than me at fixing it

Recycling is the absolute last resort that anybody, no matter how much skill they have or don’t have, should ever consider. Just post your broken tech on eBay and take whatever they offer you. It’s always gonna be more and even board sort the highest paying online scrap company for e-scrap is gonna pay you.

Ask for my shows. Here’s the basic fact
When that’s not entirely public yet
We had a fire two years ago on Mother’s Day
The catastrophic fire that wiped out the entirety of the internals of our house
Luckily, having a handbuilt stone house the exterior survived, but the contents uh no


A mother died. last September.
Insurance cut off our case for the fire. early this year before the job was completed to repair


So things have been out of hand as to put it in children’s terms


I know I have a few dedicated followers. more than a few, and some of you have even helped monetarily for that. I greatly appreciate
Especially Tony, who asked me not to tell his online persona. but I cannot not thank you for spending five digits to replace the burnt out roof.


I’ll post three links in the coming days
We are in a world of hurt and mess right now. My family here in the US dealing with the estate and the house and our loss


My family there, my wife and children in the Philippines, have not had water for more than two months

Unfollow links on YouTube. which is heavily censored, has no audio
My vinmo which is long for breakdowns, but warning, I like extreme metal and the music of Rob, most people partially

In my current text app
I know I have followers here and fans, and I promise there is a world of quality researched write-ups in long form coming over the next few months
Mostly covering retro tech and one off technology
I just got myself a double density CDRW. and my Patreon. We have the video of me playing with this bastard
Is a Panasonic but underneath that and where they started is a Plextor drive.


The base level CDDD holds 960 to 975 MB on a custom
Say got pulled off 1.2 through 1.7 gigabytes per desk. The DD uses the same idea of multifysic layering that was used in DTS discs. Which are not an American thing. but I have iso buster end a partial source dump

Between now and January or February, I promise to post on discord a few more general topics. But my project of source right now is to figure out how to take the technology of DD that created and allowed sega’s dgrpm, the turbo Disc 2, and the neo Geo CD 32 v2
Density pit level technology that gave the East the DTS disks, Europe the 5.1 home audio disc, in here in America, Chrysler Corporation surround sound audio platform


The drive cost me close to a grand. when you can find them the blank r descs Costco close to $50 or more


So give me a bit of time, and I’ll give you the video so you can follow me as I create contemplate, regurgitate, and somehow shove titans fall. number two. for the pci into a single disc for the Saturn with a cross compile loader


For those that wonder where I’ve been, that’s a story
Fire in the US, typhoon in the Philippines and my undying love for bizarre retro tech


Give it time impatience, and y’all gonna see something nobody with any following has tried before. I’m going to put a PCE game to the Saturn with nothing more than S–basic

_________________
42 6F 61 72 64 73 6F 72 74 2E 63 6F 6D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Discord
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 4:57 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 10594
Location: Low DOS
Oh, and my best work is totally drunk ( as may fre longer term fans know).
I can Send us to another galaxy with space time folding if anyone would listen (not you musk, your smart but can’t figure out the toilet),


But what I want is gauntlet 2 (non number second game on nes) on my arm BSD (iOS) cell phone.
Because fuck anyone don’t agree and sorry those not kno
That’s one of the greatest games ever made


And don’t tempt me:
I very close to forcefully buying out epic over castle in/of the winds.
Which I truely put in my top 10 games ever
At #2 behind doom

Oh, btw
We literally are trying to buy the rights “for eternity” of all of epic Mega games titles since 99.9% they abandoned

And castle the best generic American jrpg I ever played.
I can’t say much, our lawyer will kill me..
But I want and will get or die, the rights



Why? Why does anyone have any interest in a top-down icon-based RPG? dedicated to Windows software of the 16- bit era


Because it’s that fucking good

In a chance to make ever so slight modifications to it, I will die on that hill, saying the modern gaming community will love this game in modern times, not because it’s fancy, not because it’s eccentric, not because it’s excessive

No, because it’s basic. an icon board, an icon character, icon enemies, easily cross-portable with some changes to modern windows, Linux, Unix, macOS, BSD, Futura, name it, it’s such a small but such a complicated game
If any of you know, the castle in the winds games, please give me a thumbs up and also know I’m fighting for you
Just a moment that I win, and I don’t care what it cost, I will win, or I will simply buy. The race to the game, I will open search it, doom style to let everybody figure out how to make it better


I guess that’s the more realistic statement: it’s going to be a legal battle by big money people against no money people. over a game that makes them no money that they don’t care about and forgot about, but I’ve posted about this issue around the internet on multiple boards in multiple countries in multiple languages epic today, it’s a joke of what they stood for, but Castle is one of the top 10 games ever created for computers, and it’s in my top 25 of games. Digital and I have both the resources and the stubbornness to try to buy it in open source, and I promise if this goes our way, our way, it will be totally open sourced the moment the judge stamps this stamp.


It truly pains me how few people are even aware of this game. It truly is one of the best non-consistent solo play RPGs. ever made

_________________
42 6F 61 72 64 73 6F 72 74 2E 63 6F 6D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: